How it all works
Getting a Readathon going is so easy...
When you sign up you'll receive a FREE kit with everything you need. All we need to know is:
- how many pupils will be taking part and
- when you would like your kit to arrive (now or pre-order for a future term).
What do I do when my kit arrives?
- Decide how long your Readathon will last - a day, a week or a term - it's up to you!
- Play the launch DVD to staff and pupils.
- Put up the colourful posters.
- Hand out the key stage appropriate sponsor cards and bookmarks.
- Ask pupils to fill in their sponsor cards - it's not assessment, it's about choosing what and how much they want to read for fun.
- Use your website, social media and emails to keep parents informed.
Now get your Readathon going
- Download extras here, like:
- a letter to send to parents
- a press release
- book review slips
- Encourage pupils to get as many sponsors as they can.
- Remind parents and pupils that money raised helps buy books for the local children's hospital.
- Sponsors can pay online (email this link out), or by sending cash or cheques to school.
- Keep reminding pupils and parents when sponsor cards and money have to be returned.
When it's finished:
- Collect in sponsor money and sponsor cards.
- Ask your Bursar to convert any cash or cheques from parents into a cheque.
- Use the prepaid orange mailbag to send us cheque(s) and sponsor cards.
- Now wait for your thank you pack to arrive, containing:
- a certificate,
- a testimonial for you,
- FREE BOOK VOUCHERS worth 20% of your sponsorship total and
- two £5 National Book Tokens to reward star students.
That's it! It's as simple as that.
If you do have any questions at all, please just give us a call on 0845 606 1151 - we'd love to hear from you.
ORDER BY 5PM ON MONDAY 29th FEBRUARY TO RECEIVE YOUR KIT IN TIME FOR THURSDAY'S WORLD BOOK DAY