“Reading is like flying - it can carry you to different worlds you never knew existed. So hooray for Readathon, which has helped to launch so many children on that exciting journey.” Julia Donaldson
Win a visit from the nation's favourite children's author, Julia Donaldson, when your pupils take part in Readathon.
Readathon’s sponsored read has been getting pupils reading since 1984. With its first class resources delivered straight to your school containing everything you need, it's easy-to-run, fun and it works!
- Readathon gets even reluctant readers reading, because pupils feel incredibly motivated to help us buy books and storytellers for their local Children's Hospital
- And because they are free to choose just what to read - from comics to classics, books to blogs - pupils take ownership of their reading
- Your school will also receive free book vouchers for taking part - choose your books from Scholastic Book Club's extensive, multi-publisher range
PLUS all primary schools who complete their sponsored read by 31st May 2017 will be in with a chance of winning an exclusive visit to their school from Gruffalo creator, Julia Donaldson.
Terms and conditions for the school visit
- All primary, junior and infant schools who complete their Readathon sponsored read and send in their sponsorship money by 31 May 2017 will be entered in to a prize draw. One school will be drawn at random.
- One entry per school.
- The winning school will receive a visit from Julia Donaldson and/or Axel Scheffler which will take place at a mutually convenient time to be agreed by all parties.
- The winning school will be notified by 12th June 2017.
- The school must agree to a press release including photo usage, subject to the usual photo permissions and policies.
- All decisions are final and no alternative prizes are available.
- Promoter - Readathon, in partnership with Scholastic Books.